- Multi-Layer technology
- Double side: Both side are available for conductor layer, SMD, Flip-Chip or COB components
- Via’s: 200 μm typical, 25 μm (fine line)
- Substrate: 4 x 4 inch, standard 6 x 4 inch
- Printed resistors: Based on polymer paste
- Resistor tolerance: 30% un-trimmed, 2% trimmed
- Resistor geometry: 0.5 x 0.5 mm (trim able), 0.2 x 0.2 mm
- Resistor types: Linear, NTC, PTC
- Resistor trimming: active, passive
- Resistor temperature coefficient TK 800 ppm (typical)
- Conductors: Copper
- Conductor resolution: 150 μm (typical), 50 μm (fine line)
- Components: Flip-Chip, Chip on Board (COB), SMD down to 0402, Beam-Lead
- Wire-Bonding: Gold 25, 30 μm Aluminum 25, 33 μm
- Ribbon-Bonding: Gold up to 400 μm, Aluminum up to 400 μm
- Outline all forms (laser-cut, milling, cutting punch tooling)
- Connectors: SIL, DIL, Quad, SMD, Connectors and wire
- Test: 100%
Flex technology special features are high reliability, high packing density and good mechanical stability. Together with Flip-Chip and COB techniques, high-density easily foldable modules can be realized that fit into any cube. For application with moderate thermal stress, the Flex technology is highly recommended for Chip on Board (COB) technique in automotive, industrial, medical and telecom applications.
A specialty of HMT microelectronic Ltd is to combine ASIC (analog, mixed-signal and digital), μController, E2PROM, mounted as COB or Flip-Chip, to form high-density modules.
The development of modules and systems are realized completely inside HMT’s design center. Based on a close relationship between the customer, the production plant and the development engineer, the development covers all items of concept analysis, pre-study, project definition, design and industrialization under the responsibility of HMT microelectronic Ltd.
The production and test of such developed modules or systems is done inside HiDensity group under the full responsibility of HMT microelectronic Ltd. For each product a specific production and test procedure is developed and results of each production lot are included in the deliverables to the customer.