HMT7746 GENIE IO-Link DEVICE Mini-stack IP
The HMT7746 GENIE IO-Link DEVICE Mini-stack IP is an IO-Link stack and physical layer which interfaces between a sensor or actuator and a 24V power and signalling cable for single chip sensors/actuators.
This HMT7746 implements the IO-Link functionality for standard conformal sensor and actuator ICs with a minimal hardware overhead. Internally it contains the HMT7745 IO-Link DEVICE PHY IP which provides the low level physical and UART peripheral services.
- Quartz-free IO-Link clock extraction and frame generation at 38.4kBaud and 230.4kBaud
- High-side, low-side or push-pull outputs (<10Ω)
- Fast switching time (<1μs)
- Configurable short circuit current limit
- Zener limits for rapid inductive load switch off
- 5V to 35V supply range
- Configurable 5V or 3.3V, 50mA linear regulator
- Dc-dc regulator (optional)
- Optional fully protected secondary output.
- Full zero-current reverse polarity protection
- Over-voltage protection to 35V
- Under-voltage detection
- ESD protection to 4kV
- EMC surge protection to IEC 60255-5 (2A/50μs)
- Thermal shutdown, configurable level protects neighbouring devices and packaging
- Temperature measurement
- IO-Link conformal data thresholds or 50% of VPLUS, suitable for operation down to 5V
The use of an IP reduces design time, risk, and cost, and provides known EMC performance at the outset.
The IP is a combination of digital HDL and analogue components with a fixed silicon layout. It provides an efficient way to realise application specific sensor or actuator ICs, tapping the advantages of the IO-Link protocol either for operation or for configuration.
The IP provides a non-volatile memory access mechanism. This may be either a fuse array for storage of configuration data with single- or multi-write modes, or alternatively EEPROM is also available.
The IP is available at two process nodes, 0.8μm and 0.35μm allowing optimised process selection dependent on the application.